For inspection on high-speed production lines, offline verification audits or robot-guided pick and place, positioning tools are critical to successful machine vision. Positioning tools, locators, or pattern finders recognize and determine exact position and orientation of parts. Results can be transferred directly to material handling devices or used to position other tools required for inspection. We refer to this correcting for part movement as landmarking.
- Locate and verify parts for robot-guided pick and place
- Identify orientation of parts on assembly
- Part counting and size sorting
- Part alignment and insert position verification
- Accurate placement of part to exact angle and location